The Denver City Open (DCO) is one of the oldest tennis tournaments in Colorado. In 1914, members of clubs across the city decided that Denver needed a city tournament. For the first fourteen years, the tournament was held in City Park. In 1928, it was moved to the Denver Tennis Club.
The DCO went on hiatus for several years when the United States instituted the draft, and thousands of servicemen and women were sent overseas to fight in World War II.
The DCO has endured ever since, and continues to be a Denver and Colorado tennis institution. Thanks for making the DCO a continued success!